Here goes... since my last post:
- Running has been going really well albeit a minor setback in the hip department last week. Turns out that jumping back into hill workouts in a pair of worn-out shoes is probably *not* the best idea in the world. Ooops. No worries though... Feeling better every day. Hubby let me open my Christmas present early after my hip complaints.
It's call the "Cold Roller." It's the "Grid's" cousin, I suppose. You can read more about this rehab tool here. Pretty cool. Thanks, honey!
- Hip issues also mean getting back to this. Since this hip issue is IDENTICAL (except on the other side) to the issue I had back in August/September (and after the same workout... duh!), I am back to my rehab routine 3Xs per week. It works!
- So I ended up retiring those shoes after that workout... And then I found a replacement for them in the form of an incredible deal at Holabird Sports:
Saucony Cortanas for $75.95 + free shipping. These shoes retail around $145.
- The shoes aren't my favorite color and they are not the latest Cortana 2s (which are about an ounce lighter), but at nearly 50% off, who cares?
- Last week was my highest mileage week EVER @ 58.6 miles. I capped it off with a solid 21-miler at 8:46P on Sunday. I'll peak at 62 miles in a couple of weeks. Wish me luck!
- Saturday is the "Reindeer Roundup" 5K/10K here in Yuma. My oldest will try out his first 5K with his Nonni (grandma)! Their plan is to do the first 2 miles at an 11-minute mile pace. I know Evan is itching to go fast, but I told him to stick with that pace and then if he feels great *after* mile 2, go for it.
- I'll be running the 10K. This race, last year, measured out to 5.95 miles on my Garmin. GRRRRRR! While I was happy with the 43:32 that I clocked for that distance, I didn't feel like it was a "true" PR because the course measured so short. It will be interesting to see if they changed the course this year. If not, hopefully I'll run it faster, right? My goal for a true 10K is 43:30. I'll let you know how it goes!