Monday, March 26, 2012

Best Weekend Ever!

Seriously, it doesn't get much better.

Friday morning, my friend Kim and I headed out of Yuma for a much needed girls' weekend. We stopped to shop in Phoenix en route to Tucson.

And shop I did. *Cha Ching* I am surprised that my credit card didn't melt. (And also that my husband didn't change the locks and banish me from the family.)

We arrived in Tucson Friday evening to this:


JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort. Gorgeous. Go big or go back to Yuma, kwim?

Saturday = more shopping

I need to mention that we have NO mall here in Yuma. It's bare bones. We have the basics + a Dillards,  which typically caters to the Snowbird population and their fashion sense.


Pretty sure you can purchase this at our Dillards.

Sunday morning... this happened:


Arizona Distance Classic: Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon (huh?), and 5K


And this was the result:

 Awkward water bottle pose, but awesome finish.
1:38:41... 3rd in AG, 13th woman 

I DID IT!!!!

On the drive home, KY ended up beating Baylor, so now it's:

This KY girl can't wait for the FINAL FOUR game between her beloved Wildcats and the Cardinals. This rivalry is HUGE! GO CATS!!!!

Full race report to follow. So much to talk about... Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. ALLLL-IS-OOONN I dont know the words but Im singing for YOUUU! So totally awesome you smasher of PR'S and records and such! How did you feel? You are so awesome and strong and kick-ass-ish! Im super proud of you and super happy for you! What a weekend, what a feat! High 5, fist bumps and booty taps baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Awesome time, congrats to you!! That must have felt amazing... can't wait to hear the full report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Allison! What a great time and placement! I can't wait to read the race report.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Allison! This is Julia's friend, Sara. Did she tell you we're giving you the Liebster award? Go to our site to see what it's all about. Hopefully not just a Wordpress thing - we don't even know! Anyway, thanks for inspiring us! :-)

    ReplyDelete