Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wacky Wednesday

It's kind of late, and by the time you read this... Heck, it'll probably be Thursday.

At any rate, I've decided to do a Wacky Wednesday segment on my blog. Why, you ask? Simply because I live in one of the, um, oddest towns in the U.S. On any given day, I see things that make me go, "Huh?" Seriously. Yuma is WHACK.

Wacky Wednesday is inspired by Dr. Seuss's very annoying children's book, Wacky Wednesday. If you have a kid (or two or three), you are likely familiar with this book. Ugh. I can't tell you how many times I've had to read this. It's cute the first few times... After 347 times, not so much.


"Oh look. A flying shoe." (Pfffffffft!)

"There's the candy cane holding up the table. Ha ha. Ha. ha. ha."

"Yep. There's that door with two knobs. Crazy."

"What? He's in the shower with one sock?!? And it never gets old, does it?" (*insert fake laugh*)

"The damn fish is still in the shampoo bottle. Again. Just like he was last night... And last week... The week before that... Last month."

F!! GO TO BED!!!

So... back to Wacky Wednesday.

On Mother's Day, we're driving back from Cold Stone-where I consumed my body weight in:



Hello, Lover. Aka Mud Pie Mojo

OMG. It was so good. I even got it in a Heath Bar waffle bowl. Totally worth the 2,165,586 calories.

Anyway, my 7-year old starts screaming at me from the back seat,

"Mommy!!!! You have to turn around! You have to go back! Please! Please! You have to see this! Please!"

I tried to convince him that whatever it was he saw, it probably wasn't really that good. That's mommy code for "I-really-don't-feel-like-turning-around-hon."

He wouldn't take no for an answer though, so I u-turn the mom-mobile, and you know what?

It was totally worth it. Talk about a good old fashioned belly laugh, and a Mother's Day that my boys are sure to NEVER forget.


The Ectomobile from Ghostbusters? Say what? Where the hell do we live? 1984?!?!

Welcome to Wacky Wednesday, friends.









4 comments:

  1. My WEdnesdays are always wacky! That's my life! :) LOVED your answer on my giveaway. Thanks for putting some thought into it! :) You'll definitely be one of the ones I take to the end for the final pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't laughed so hard while reading a blog post in a long time. OMG the Ghostbuster mobile!!! Bwahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's excellent! So glad you turned around...I might not have (mom of the year).

    Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete