Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wah wah wah wah

This pretty much sums it up...

I woke up Friday morning and felt too much soreness in my leg. I also noticed that the nodule on my tibia, which had decreased in size considerably over the past couple of weeks, was now enlarged and tender to the touch.

I e-mailed my coach, and we decided that it would probably be best if I hopped back onto the Alter G instead of attempting another regular treadmill run.

Not that the Alter G is jail, but I've felt a little trapped on it lately.

I did, and it was a good thing that I chose to do that. I could only run around 50% pain free.

Coach has also recommended that I try to get back into my doctor to see if I can get an MRI and that I do no more than 50% body weight on the Alter G for the next 2 weeks. We're going to treat this like it's a healing stress fracture. Boo.

And so it goes. Just like my 2 year-old's current attempt at potty training (or lack thereof as of last week), it's one step forward, two steps back.

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend! I'll be enjoying mine at the pool. Again. With my stylish pool belt.

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya, sister! Sorry you have a setback. Hope you can get some answers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to read about this setback. I know it's not what you want, but it's good that you have access to an Alter G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry :( it really is the worst part of being a runner....those times when you can't run. It feels like you can't remember a time when you DID run. But you are still strong and you are still a runner...wish you back on the treadmill very quickly!

    ReplyDelete